Thursday, July 23, 2015

2015 UFDC Convention - Kansas City: Day 5

Friday, July 17th

What is the best kept secret of convention? The TLC Boutique. The Tender Loving Care Boutique sells dolls and doll related items that have been donated to the museum but that are: duplicates, in poor shape, or just not needed. The sale was held from 7:30AM-9:30AM in a conference room.


People lined up, and a few at a time were allowed into the room. At about 8:30AM the volunteer staff started making mystery grab bags that sold for $4.00 each. What a deal. At the sale, I bought the Ginny Baby (above) for $1.00, and one grab bag.


In my grab bag was this Cinderella,


Honey Lamb (she was at the top of the bag and the reason for my purchase),


Two Effenbee ladies, 


three Wendy Lawton outfits for Dimitri, a "primitive" Raggedy Ann, a craft doll kit, and a stuffed animal set. Not bad.

After putting my dolls way in my room, I headed to the mini-office where I was volunteering for the rest of the morning.

That afternoon was the region 11 meeting. Go team! And the Helper Room and Competitive Exhibits were open! Yay! I, of course, had to check them out. So many wonderful things were donated to the helper room. So many that I would be happy to have.

The dolls in competition were wonderful. So many different types of dolls. And I won my first ribbon. 


Here is my Licca Family at home, showing off their new ribbon.

That evening was the Dinner Dazzle ticketed event.


The centerpiece.



Licca posing with table favors.



My lovely table mates.




Mmmmm.... salad.


We played barbie trivia and I won a miniature Barbie board game.


Yum.


Our host, Bradley Justice.


Carol Spencer, Barbie designer, and our speaker.


Our awesome souvenir doll.








Ms. Spencer even signed autographs for every one.

I then attended one of the many gatherings held that night, the BJD gathering.


It was a great late evening of show and tell and fun stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment