Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sindy's Halloween Treat

When I was a little girl, in the 70s, I fell in love with Sindy. She was like Barbie, but she had more of a hippie feel. She was marketed as pose-able! She could bend at the knees, like Barbie, but she also had joints in her arms, wrists, and ankles. Boy, did I want a Sindy, yet I never got one.

When I learned that Tonner was coming out with a vintage-style Sindy, I was hooked.


This is Sindy's Halloween Treat, from the 2014 Wilde Convention. Her face looks a lot like a vintage Sindy. She has big eyes, and a sweet expression.


Unfortunately, Tonner's Sindy doesn't have the pose-ability of the Sindy of my childhood dreams. Her arms and legs are only bendable at the shoulders and hips, and can only move in one direction.



The good news, is that even in kitten heels, she can stand by herself. 





Her body seems more realistically proportioned than some of my other dolls that are around the same height.


In fact, Hayden and Barbie's limbs are extremely thin compared to Sindy's.



Unfortunately, this means that outfit sharing is not in the future. I'm pretty sure she won't be able to wear vintage Sindy clothes, either.





She is a lovely doll, and a great representation of Sindy, but not as awesome as I hoped she would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment