Monday, December 17, 2012

16 Inch Dolls in an 18 Inch World

Last year I bought two Springfield Doll outfits to try them on my My Friend Mandy Doll. I only had a couple of outfits for her, and she had had them since the 70s. She was way overdue for new clothes. Springfield Doll outfits are meant to fit 18 inch dolls, Mandy, unfortunately is 16 inches.

Here she is in the holiday party outfit (known as Dressy Outfit on the Springfield Dolls Website.)It consists of a one piece dress, belt, and sweater. 


All together, it doesn't look that bad, but look closer, and it is huge on her.


Plus, the outfit is not cut to hide the cloth body on Mandy, like Mandy's other clothes are.


The shoes are hilarious. Here is a Springfield shoe next to a Mandy shoe. It is twice the size of the Mandy shoe. 

The other outfit I bought was the Shirt and Plaid Skirts set. I think it is a cute "Back to School" outfit. This one I had a little better luck with, since the skirt and shirt are two separate pieces. I tucked the shirt in, hiked the skirt up high on the doll, and rolled up the sleeves. Adorable.

So, while the outfits can work on my My Friend Mandy doll, they are quite big and will be handed down to my new Madame Alexander Friends Boutique, Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment