Sunday, August 12, 2012

Saturday's Awesome Finds

Yesterday (Saturday), was a day of awesome finds. We started the day out right by visiting the monthly "Antique" sale on base. There were a few dolls available, but I decided the one I wanted was a beautifully decked out Musha-Ningyo, or male warrior doll.

Please click on the images to see them larger.



Isn't he beautiful. He is a modern doll and a great display piece.

After depositing him at the apartment, we then drove to the Hard-Off/Hobby-Off/Home-Off by base. Wow! About 1/3 of the store was devoted to toys, dolls, models, and all sorts of geeky wonderfullness. My eyes were big, but since I was really there to look at the furniture, I only bought a small toy. A tiny toy. 



The cutest little Peppermint Patty in a yukata I have ever seen. Full disclosure: the only Peppermint Patty in a Yukata I have ever seen. She was probably a fast food premium, but I don't know for sure. I just love her.

Next up was the furniture side of the store. I wanted something that my larger dolls could sit on, instead of sitting on the floor. Well, I found it. A small Japanese couch that with a lot of finagling fit in the back seat of the car. Dave sat in the back with the couch, since the passenger seat had to lean all the way forward to make room and the driver seat was all the way up. I barely fit, but I drove us safely home. 


The couch received Skitter's seal of approval. It even has handy storage areas.

Not bad for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment