Sunday, August 26, 2012

Retrospective on 1971

In honor of my birthday today, let's look at dolls that came out or were still popular in 1971.

First, Sweet April, who came out in 1971. I blogged about her before, but she qualifies AND she shares my name.


2: This was the year Malibu Barbie and her friends hit the waves.


Here is my poor beat up Malibu Barbie. The poor thing needs a good spa treatment. I got her for my 4th birthday and she was a constant bathtub and pool companion. (She was in a bathing suit, that meant she was a water toy, right?) My Malibu Ken died in the 70s. I took his head off one too many times to drain out the bath water and his neck broke.

3: Crissy and her family were still going strong, but I didn't have any of them. I did think it was really neat that they had hair that grew.  (Photo taken from the Web.)


4: Baby Tenderlove and all the Tenderlove dolls. Nope, I didn't have one.  (Photo taken from the Web.)


5: Dawn dolls. I've shown my original Jessica (that I pretty much destroyed as a toddler) before and I briefly showed my reproduction Dale, but here they are again.



Six: Baby Sofskin by Horsman. I had one of these. I think every child my age had one of these. (Photo taken from the Web.)


So, you have to admit, it was a good year for dolls, and for me, since I was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment