Tuesday, July 31, 2012

UFDC Convention - New Orleans: Part 3

Wednesday, July 25th

After breakfast I took the elevator to the 8th floor and checked out the special exhibits. They were spectacular. The exhibits were: Vogue Dolls, African -American rag dolls, New Orleans souvenir dolls, Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Victoria dolls, Japanese Friendship dolls,Victorian scrap work, and the artwork of Susan Beatrice Pearse. 

I then headed back down stairs and deposited tickets into various helper buckets. Sooooo many helpers.

Next up was a presentation by NIADA artist Floyd Bell. He was an inspiring speaker and his dolls are beautiful.










Mr. Floyd Bell, himself.

I then had lunch out at Mr. B's Cafe and perused the competitive exhibits. Wow! There were some amazing dolls in there. Who knew there were so many different editions of Gone With the Wind dolls?

The rest of the afternoon was taken up with the Region 11 meeting (some how I wasn't on Reg. Directors list - it has been rectified - hopefully), and the open forum. I learned a lot about how the UFDC works. For dinner I walked to Mona Lisa Pizza - REAL pizza, a special treat. I made it back to the hotel in time to watch a presentation on Rare German Character Dolls. 

Wednesday was definitely an education!

Stay tuned for Part 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment