Monday, July 30, 2012

UFDC Convention 2012 - New Orleans: Part 1

I'm back from my first doll convention, and I had a blast! 

The convention was held in New Orleans and I had time Monday, before the con started, to do a little touring. I took the city bus tour and saw lots of interesting sights.


The Tour Guide going over our route.



The French Quarter.








The Ferry Boat house (and Ferry Boat house 2 across the street).




Fats Domino's house.


Katrina monument.
















We traveled to the sculpture garden for a quick rest stop.

















Commander's Palace.



Where I bought my tickets. 

Later that day, I attended the newcomer's meeting and the "Meet Your Officer's Ice Cream Social". It was at this event that the Souvenir Journal was distributed.


It is a lovely hard back book filled with recipes and doll articles.

Stay tuned for Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment