Saturday, March 17, 2012

Jessica - A Dawn Doll

Continuing with the tiny doll theme:


This is Jessica, a Dawn Doll by Topper. She is 6 1/2 inches tall and is wearing her flight attendant uniform (missing her hat and shoes). Dawn Dolls were manufactured between 1969-1972.



Unfortunately, I was brutal t this poor, tiny doll and hacked some of her hair off. She is still very cute, but shows evidence of my playing with her since I was a toddler. I always loved how tiny and cute she was, and despaired that I didn't have any extra clothes for her. I wish I still had her hat, undies, and shoes. She looked really adorable when she was all together.

She and the other Dawn Dolls were attractive examples of early 70s style. They were funky, mod, and were a serious competitor for Barbie.


No comments:

Post a Comment