Monday, October 17, 2011

My First Non-Barbie

Before I received Malibu Barbie and Ken for my 4th birthday, I had a non-Barbie 11 1/2 inch fashion doll. I had named her Melissa


As you can see, I loved and played with her until she fell apart. Her left arm disappeared in the late 70s, but I couldn't bear to part with her.

At one point she even had eyelashes. I can remember running my fingers over them. Those too are long gone.


The most interesting thing about her, in my opinion, is that her arms are of a soft vinyl/rubber material, while her body is hard, hollow plastic/vinyl and her legs do not bend.


In my doll play, she usually was the teenage daughter of Barbie and dated the Luke Skywalker doll. (Barbie was married to my Shaun Cassidy doll since Ken was no longer around due to a brother induced accidental beheading.)



No comments:

Post a Comment